Every other year Advocating Change Together and the Conference Planning Committee organizations put on a two-day state self-advocacy conference. Typically 400-500 self-advocates and allies attend to make friends, learn about self-advocacy issues, and become connected to the larger self-advocacy movement.
What makes this conference unique is its “nothing about us without us” approach. Two-thirds of the sessions will be led or co-led by self-advocates and all voting members of the conference planning committee are self-advocates. They select the workshops, entertainment, food, decorations, theme and make sure it will be a great time. This year the committee has selected “Celebrating Life” as the theme. The next conference is in 2019.
Congratulations to Tianna and Tyler who were crowned Queen and King at the 2017 Spring Formal Dinner and Dance on Saturday, May 6, 2017!
Left To Right: Mary M, Angel H, Queen Tianna, King Tyler, Patrick H and Chad A
- Contact Us
- Annual Membership Celebration and Awards
- Applebee's Dining To Donate
- Community Days
- Give To The Max Day
- Holiday Gift Drive
- People First Aktion Club Chicken Dumpling Soup and Chili Supper
- People First Aktion Club RADA Cutlery
- People First Aktion Club Schwan's Fundraiser
- Rose Sale
- Taste of Mower County
- The Arc In The Park Membership Picnic
- The Official Non Fundraiser
- Thrivent Choice Dollars
- Get Involved
- My Account